Thursday, April 4, 2013

Our 2nd anniversary

I feel like all we did the whole month of March is travel! Which made it an  exciting month but we are also glad to be home for a while. 

Our first trip was to Texas for our 2nd anniversary. I can't believe it's been two years already! And yet at the same time, it's hard to imagine that it's only been two years with all that's happened and how much my life has changed since marrying my sweet hubby. 

Our first stop was in Trenton to drop off our little man with my parents, who volunteered (without too much persuading) to keep him overnight. It was his first time to be away from us for a whole night so of course this mama was pretty nervous. We left their house Saturday morning (without the monkey) and drove on to McKinney, Tx where we had stayed for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Grand Hotel, an old ritzy hotel in the historic downtown part of McKinney. It holds a lot of great memories for us of course but this trip was so fun and different. When we were there for our honeymoon it was a Sunday so all the fun little shops and restaurants were closed. This time they were open so we spent all day Saturday perusing antique stores, an old book store, coffee shops, and little local shops. It was super fun and we were worn out by the end of the day!

We ate dinner at a nice place called Louisiana St. Grill that had the best spinach artichoke dip I've ever had in my life! :)

Then Sunday we headed back to pick up Elias and celebrate my little sister's birthday. Elias did awesome with his Nanny and Papa - barely cried at all! So all my worrying was for nothing. I mean, how could you not have fun at that house?!!



My mom also hosted a thirty-one party that Sunday night so I did my first party for her! I started selling thirty-one at the end of February and it has been a great adventure so far. 

It was a whirlwind trip but we had such a good, relaxing time (not to mention a whole night's sleep with no baby crying!) God has blessed us with a wonderful marriage and taking some time to celebrate and reflect on that was really good for us. We thank God for what He has done in our lives these past two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment